Boyhood in Ghazals

An enviable fortune it’d be,
If only all those questions,
Those dramatic exclamations,
About my age, came with a penny!

This repute, not just on actions,
But is founded on my playlist,
Filled with “Oldies” to say the least;
Justified then seems their reactions.

However this I now make clear,
It’s not just the soft melodies,
Jubilant thoughts, poignant tragedies,
But their first memories, that are dear.

A boyhood spent in ghazals,
Lazy Sundays on father’s lap,
When innocence wasn’t entrapped,
And life was free from troubles.

Hence, “Main zindagi..” when Rafi says,
It reminds me of father’s advice,
Of the strength to fight life’s vice,
And of the promise of good in coming days.

Sure, Netflix now rules my Sundays,
However, just one note, word, rhyme,
Cues nostalgia of a long lost time,
Of ageless songs and my golden days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...